As part of GPJ’s mission to unleash the power of creativity to deliver experiences that elevate brands and drive tangible results, we’re dedicated to providing equal opportunities for employment, pay and promotion across our business, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, sexuality and dis(ability). Our dedication goes beyond our own employees and extends to our clients and suppliers, many of whom have been active in this space for decades. Diversity fuels innovation. Equity ensures that every voice is valued and heard. Individuals shine and teams radiate. Every person, project, and product is elevated.
As we’ve grown, we’ve learned that we need to be intentional in creating an environment that values each person and their unique background. We commit to safe spaces for conversations, delivering education on racial inequities, and a greater understanding and alignment alongside marginalised individuals and their experiences. This is an essential thread in the fabric of our community and the experience marketing industry. We have established the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) Collective to advance our mission. The purpose of the DEIB Collective is to proactively research, educate ourselves, champion core initiatives with our broader community and drive positive change within our business and with those we partner with.
Learn more about some of the initiatives we have introduced.
- Regular updates on WIP Meetings where the DEIB Collective share ideas, educate staff and encourage involvement in our core initiatives.
- During Mardi Gras 2021, staff who identify as LGBTIQA+ were invited to share their Pride stories.
- We’ve begun incorporating the use of pronouns in our comms to support any trans and non-binary staff who have had reservations about living their true identity within the workplace.
- We’ve updated our local parental leave policy to add the continuation of pension payments throughout the parental leave period and the inclusion of an early pregnancy loss clause to support those whose pregnancies aren’t carried to term or who experience stillbirth
- Published thought leadership content on DEIB and Male Allyship on the company blog
- Hosted sessions with internal and external speakers to understand and celebrate the unique perspectives and experiences LGBTQ+ people bring to GPJ.
- We are introducing a DEIB production guide that enlists all the indigenous and first nations artists across ANZ. This will enable our staff to tap into the broader resource base and push for Diversity and Inclusion across various client experiences.
Introducing the GPJ ANZ DEIB Initiative
Introducing the GPJ ANZ DEIB Initiative “What does the B stand for?” – is a question I’ve been asked a few times when talking about the ANZ GPJ DEIB Initiative. “Is it the Diversity Equity & Inclusion Board?!”No, it’s not. “B is for Belonging”
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A MALE ALLY
What do seat belts, bulletproof vests, medicinal research, office room temperature, hard hats, power tools, voice recognition, pianos and smartphones all have in common? They have all been designed, tested, and trialled in accordance with the average male size, tone, and weight.